1. When developing/tweaking a recipe, it is handy to have a pen and paper at the ready so that you can take notes and not get the difference between tsp and tbsp all wrong.
2. Pen and papers will combust when placed too close to the stove.
3. Do not let a toddler add salt to anything.
4. When letting a toddler "help" you cook, they will inevitably attempt to brush their teeth with a steak knife.
5. The FedEx guy carrying your husband's birthday present DOES NOT take precedent over the meat you are browning.
Learn from my mistakes, friends, learn from my mistakes.