Salmon and Cannellini Salad
3 small salmon steaks
2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed
1 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Spray cooking oil on non-stick pan and place salmon steaks (skin side down, if applicable) on pan. Cook 5-6 minutes and turn over and cook until salmon falls apart easily when tested with a fork (you don’t have to overcook the salmon if you don’t want to). Place on plate to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix beans, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and about ¾ of vinaigrette. Flake salmon and add to bean mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a handful of leafy greens on a plate then place the salmon/bean mix on top. Add more vinaigrette if desired. Gobble up and lick your plate.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¾ cups canola oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly whisk canola oil into the mixture.
- Save in airtight container in the fridge and it should last about 2 weeks.